People grow beards for different reasons: it could be for attraction, masculinity, to boost confidence or cultural reasons. Personally, I grow a beard to help me boost confidence, and to achieve this it's important to keep the beard well-groomed and healthy. And to achieve this, I'll need to know what's in my beard oils, so you should too.
Our beard oils, like many others consist of two main primary ingredients: carrier oils and essential oils. All of which are organic, free from any chemicals and pesticides.
All of our products have been tested and approved to EU cosmetic standards with a passed Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CSPR).
Carrier oils are plant-based oils that help dilute essential oils, therefore they typically make up a large portion of the beard oil. They help transport nutrients from essential oils beneath the skin to act where needed.
Carrier oils can easily be absorbed into the skin, and is also a good moisturiser for the skin and hair.
Here are the key carrier oils we use in our beard oils:Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a completely natural solution to your beard grooming needs. The biggest benefit of this oil is that it's a similar structure with the natural skin oil of our body (sebum). It contains essential nutrients such as protein, vitamins and minerals, meaning it will not irritate the skin.
- Softens and treats your beard
- Aids hair growth, helping you grow a longer and fuller beard
- Doesn't irritate the skin
- Adds a shine, without looking greasy
Also known as Moroccan oil, Argan oil is typically a well known carrier oil in the beard industry. Its versatile substance has a long list of benefits of your beard and skin. It also contains natural E vitamin content.
- Reduces beardruff and itchiness
- Prevents dryness
- Keeps the beard looking and feeling nourished
- It's light substance won't clog pores or leave your face and beard feeling too greasy.
Grapeseed oil is one of the best natural oils for beard growth. The plant-based oil has several benefits for not only your beard, but also your skin! It's packed with antioxidants and omega-6 fatty acids which contribute to healthy hair follicles and strands.
- Stimulates blood circulation which contributes to hair growth
- Add a healthy shine to your beard, without looking greasy
- Nourishes the skin underneath
Extracted from the leaves of the almonds we eat every day, sweet almond oil packs several benefits and is typically used for more than just beard oil. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, enhancing the overall look and feel of your beard.
- Promotes beard growth
- Reduces beardruff
- Hypoallergenic - meaning it won't cause any allergic reactions due to the antimicrobial properties that are in it.
Avocado, the superfood that seems to have spread a wild healthy craze isn't just a great thing to eat! Avocado oil comes loaded with antioxidants.
- Great for treating dry skin
- Eliminates the root cause of dandruff
- Gives your beard a fuller and more healthy appearance
Vitamin E oil is one of the most important ingredients for beard oil, I think that anyway! As a fat-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E oil prevent the oxidative damage of oils and fats.
- Natural preservative and protectant for volatile beard oil ingredients
- Prevents beardruff
- moisturise dry skin underneath your beard
- Relieves beard itch
Essential oils also play a key role in hair growth and the general wellness of your beard hair, however they mostly serve as an assistance to the carrier oils listed above because of their fragrant scents.
They are concentrated fragrant compounds that are derived from plant materials (roots, bark and leaves), and are used to spice up the beard oil. There are hundreds of essential oils, too many to list! We have experimented with several of these to create the best fragrances in our range.
If you have any more questions about our ingredients, please get in touch - email@example.com.